Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Relating the White Castle to something

I knew that this blog would be a problem because on Monday I could not find much to relate the book to. In fact, I could not even think of another book that this reminded me of or another character that I was reminded of, I have a big huge blank. Ian suggested reading the Hunger Artist, which i did and have added a link for anyone else who wants to read it. It does not help me understand the White Castle any better but it does give one an idea of the writing style in the book. I would like to think that the Sultans realization that all people are the same is one that Pamuk wanted to stress to the audience. That people no matter how different they appear from one another are really alike and I am hoping that was part of what he was driving at in the book. I think it is an important realization because where as people seem to come from so different of backgrounds, cultures and education levels, struggle with similar problems.

After searching some I also found a website that has an interview with Pamuk that I also linked to my blog. See ya in class

No comments: